The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Tuesday, 1 January 1991

New Year's Day 1991

EPILOGUE (from 1991)
 
10:10pm
 
‘Hear Me, O My People’ – The Shamen

 
1991 started off perfectly. 
 
We’ve had a really brilliant time, Flash and me.  This was our best ‘New Year Bash’ yet, I should say, spent in the company of Polly Willis (or ‘Mrs Krapp’ as she calls herself) and her friend Sammy.  Things have been jus lovely.  Needless to say, Flash and Sammy slept together, and so did (thank god) Polly and I.
 
‘Ribbons’ – The Sisters of Mercy

 
But now Polly’s gone and she won’t be back for a long time, but at least we’re definitely a couple now.  She is beautiful, she really is.
 
I can’t get over how good it’s been.  I really loved having them all here.
 
THANK YOU, ALL OF YOU, FOR A BRILLIANT TIME.
 
I hope we can all do it again sometime soon.  I really do.
 
As for the year ahead, I hope all will be perfect.  I hope I can survive any gyp that the Gulf War throws at us.  I hope that me, Ward and Badcock can pull our fingers out and get this theatre company going; let’s get cracking ASAP. 
 
‘Love Letters’ – Marc Almond

 
And I really hope my beautiful Polly and I can get things working as we’d both like them to and stay together.  I’m really into her and I hope we can make the distance work. 
 
Let’s hope nothing rubbish happens.
 
I LOVE ‘MRS. KRAPP’.
 
‘Rebel Rebel’ – David Bowie

 
RITCHERD J WINTERFOOD (alias JEZ DeCARLO): THE JOURNEY CONTINUES
 

 
 
[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]
 
Next time: ‘The End…’

No comments:

Post a Comment