The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Friday, 29 December 1989

Christmas Messages

‘Twist In My Sobriety’ – Liza Minnelli


So I’ve had Christmas cards from:

Tracey Joyce
Queenie (Freddie’s mum)
(‘best wishes forever’)
Debbie (Betty’s friend)
Lucille (Freddie’s sister)
Simon Lewis
Gran Sugden
Gran + Granddad Winterfood
(‘all our love for Christmas’)
Louise + Kev
Grandma + Granddad Pritchard
(‘best wishes for a happy + bright new year’)
Sharon Fielding
Spock
(‘Time Lord…’)
Marita Huckle
(‘discard your anorak and don your protective school’)
Willock
(‘good luck in the future’)
Kat
(‘may next year be full of dungarees for you’)
Joni
Julia Ward
Will Daniels
(‘a really pissy new year’)
Astra + Danny
(‘good luck for the 1990s when you become famous’)
Dad + Annie
Julian Ward
(‘I hope the new year opens a new world to you’)
Peter Conti
(‘roll on the 1990s for a strengthening friendship’)
Maggie
(‘just in case you thought I’d forgotten you’)
Gemma
(‘all my love, regardless’)
Jolene
(‘thank you for letting me be Fanny; watch your willy’)
Donna
(‘thank you for your trust in me with your productions; I’m so proud of you for being so talented – you work wonders’)
Flash
Jonny
(‘thanks for all the help you’ve given me in these last few months’)
Wendy

Later:

My No.1: ‘Tell Me When the Fever Ended’ by Electribe 101


Went to The Woodman’s Cottage for a Christmas meal with the family today.  I met Betty’s waitress friends, Sarah and Jayne who are both splendidly gorgeous. 

Later, I went to The Angel, which was dull, but Matty and Rod were there and they were okay.


I rang Flash and then I rang Miranda Wasp

Mirandas’ Mum: Hello?
Ritch: Hello, is Miranda there, please?
MM: No, she’s out with you.
R: Sorry?
MM: You are in Wisbech, aren’t you?
R: Yes.
MM: Isn’t she with you, Mark?
R: No, this is her friend: Jez
MM: Jess?
R: Er, yes.
MM: Oh.  Oh.  Well, sorry.
R: That’s okay.
MM: I’m sorry, I … I don’t know where she is.  Goodbye.

Strange, eh?

I’m assuming she’s back with Mark Dalton then…


[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character ‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and almost always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


Next time: ‘1989: Looking Back…’

No comments:

Post a Comment