The Winterfood Diaries

The Winterfood Diaries

Saturday, 27 December 1986

Always Crashing

‘Art Decade’ – David Bowie



Do I really want to die?


What do I want?


I want someone to be here now; to love me.  To tell me they care.


I need everybody:  Flash, Jenny, Alison.  They care.  I think.


I’m sorry I couldn’t ring, Flash!


Hopefully I’ll be in Castleford tomorrow, at my Gran’s.  Hopefully.  She hasn’t sent the train fayre yet, so I’ll have to go on my own money.  Oh well.  And Betty’ll go on about how much the Winterfoods don’t really care about me and all that SHAIGHT…


NEARLY … THE END … ONE GULP AWAY!

but

not

yet

?

3

letter

words

all

ending

in

T

HELP!


  4

           YOGA

What of my report?

Help me!  I don’t wanna leave…

Later:


‘A New Career in A New Town’ – David Bowie



I think it’s about 4pm


FUCK OFF, BERWIN!!!


I’m feeling calmer, now.  I’m sorry about my previous outbursts, but I’m getting immensely tense and worried about my future…


Well, I should be leaving for Yorkshire at about 2.25pm or 3.25pm tomorrow afternoon, and my dearest diary shall be accompanying me.


By the way, last time I knew, Flash was back with Dodo.  What a madcap, quirky couple they are, eh, fellows?


Later:


‘Warszawa’ – David Bowie



‘Before the war, what was there?’ 


‘Only ash and small flowers.  And a man.  What was his name?  Ritcherd.  Yes, Ritcherd – but spelt funny!  Why did you want to know?’


‘Curiosity.’


‘Yes.  I used to be curious, also.  Oh, the sweet smell of the ash, and the flowers in bloom could tear the soul from a man.  My heart will always skip a beat at the thought.  Texture like fine powder…  And the rabbits would trail over the hills, playing their spring games.  How I wish you’d been there.  Alas…’


Sometimes I even scare myself


Don’t worry about me.  I’ll be okay!


WHEN?!


Later:


‘Always Crashing in the Same Car’ – David Bowie



I am in my stripy pyjamas, flat-haired and dishevelled with soft stubble.  My eyes are dark and I have spots on the bridge of my nose.  My cheeks are hollow and my end is coming soon!


SORRY ABOUT THIS!!!


I popped down to Alison’s for a while tonite.  About five minutes, on the way to pick up Queenie (Freddie’s mum).  She says she had a good Christmas.  I lent her some more tapes.  She was quite eager to hear about Flash’s love life developments with Dodo and Manda


She mentioned something about the fact that she had been thinking about inviting me to go for a drink with her and Sara on Christmas Eve, but she didn’t because she didn’t want to sound as though she was madly in love with me…


Why is she so wonderful?  So nice?  I could kiss her to death if it wasn’t for my usually tangled web of a life.


I’ve got to write to her…


 



[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


NEXT TIME: ‘Yorkshire…’

No comments:

Post a Comment