25 Years Too Late...

25 Years Too Late...

Monday, 3 November 1986

Strike


‘Communist China’ – Japan




Today at Tech, the Student’s Union (of which I am a member) went on strike – and it was televised by BBC and YTV (I appeared on TV tonite quite briefly as part of the marching, chanting crowd)! 


Stan Flowers got me pissed on Vodka, and I carried a banner with an overweight, full-lipped, dark-eyed peroxide blonde called Sandra – and god, I really wanted to fuck her.

Later, I went to The Videodome with Libby who works there (the one who lent me the Lipstick Vogue tape), and did my washing-up shift.  I saw Nyall and he said he’d lend me some more records.  I then went to Tony Pope’s lodgings with Alison and got even more pissed on wine + cider.  Then we went home.

Right now, I’m in my bed writing this all up and listening to Japan.  Apparently Flash rang last night and said he needs to speak to me URGENTLY, so I’ll have to ring him soon…

Later:

‘New Thing from London Town’ – Sharpe & Numan



I have just rung Flash and I DON’T BELIEVE iT!



Elliott Barlow, Flash’s (+ my?) friend, lent his teacher (who is American) some Situation tapes, and that teacher has gotten Flash + Elbow a half hour slot on Radio Leeds as The Situation, doing sketches!  They’ve also been asked to write an OXFAM advert for local radio!

When will the 1980 Kicks Show conclude its bitter torment?




[‘ever read a pervert’s diary?’ THE DAILY TELEGRAPH

‘philthy!’ THE SUN

‘I wouldn’t fucking dare be Ritcherd’ THE GROOMSTOOL S-EXPRESS

‘In The Heat of the Morning’ – David Bowie



Berwin Groomstool, in his usual hat, but grinning with a full mouth of teeth and the utter thrill of having mutated his body into something resembling a giant chicken, but with poisonous spines along its legs, ladies’ boobs, and a winged penis, bulbous like a really good spring onion and squirting three varieties of gloopy semen from a trio of solid, egg-like testicles…



LOOK FOR NATALIA WNEK IN 1988


- Ritcherd 1988]




[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’ section below) / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction.  Cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context.  Never forget: no man is an island.  If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 13 July  2011 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]


NEXT TIME: ‘Jenny…’

No comments:

Post a Comment