25 Years Too Late...

25 Years Too Late...

Friday, 18 October 1985

Grammar Girls' County Crown

‘Love Me Do’ – The Beatles


It is the 18th of this fabulous month, and I find I rather like The Beatles.

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
R aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy!

School is finished for a week! Goody-goody-arseholes!


This evening, I read lots of Cure interviews in several music magazines and papers, then I listened to a ‘various’ tape.

BMW is in the paper, under the headline: ‘GRAMMAR GIRLS’ COUNTY CROWN’. There’s a photo of her with the rest of the 1st XI hockey team…

…They scored a victory in the National Schools Under 18 Tournament, beating schools from Ely, Saffron Walden and Cambridge to represent the county. Good for her. I’m really proud of her.


Tonight, I went down Skating in a black Jaeger smoking jacket (with a plush gold/bronze lining), looking rather like Holly (arsieholebumlickisweatinobbishittipantipoopoodroppings) Johnson. I got slightly pissed, I do be afraid to tell ye!

OLD DIARY ENTRIES…

This time 10 years ago:
‘I watched Doctor Who: Planet Of Evil (Part Four).


This time 5 years ago:
‘I watched Doctor Who: Meglos (Part Four).


This time 2 years ago:
‘I fell off my new BMX.’

This time last year:
‘I bought some comics…

Amazing Spider-Man 259, Marvel Tales 171 (both incredibly good)…

Peter Parker Spectacular Spider-Man 97 and Marvel Team-Up 148 (both pretty damn near crap)…

New Mutants 22 and Alpha Flight 17 (amazing!).

Tonight was Morgan’s Boy Episode Two. Such a great series. I don’t usually go for this sort of thing, but it’s brill. It’s a bit like watching Johnny Jarvis last year.’



[Images subject to control of individual Copyright Holders including works originated by Elton Townend Jones, but excluding any images or design attributed to ‘The Situation’ which are copyright of The Situation (see specific acknowledgements in the ‘Thanks to…’section below) / ‘Berwin Groomstool’ is an iteration of the Situation character‘William Whicker’ and falls under joint copyright of Elton Townend Jones and Waen Shepherd / Based on true events and designed as a study of parochial British cultural and emotional life in the late 20th century, this blog is a work of fiction – cultural icons excluded, all characters and incidents featured are entirely fictional / This blog is non-profit; all video clips are used for illustrative purposes and always come from YouTube / No copyright infringement is intended – just trying to get things into context. Never forget: no man is an island. If you think anything I’ve used is damaging you in any way, please comment and immediate action will be taken to minimise offence / This notice was amended on 1 July 2012 and is intended to cover this and all posts on www.25yearstoolate.blogspot.com that precede it]

No comments:

Post a Comment